24 Apr 2014

When life hands you lemons

lemon1
lemon11
lemon10
lemon4
lemon3
lemon2
lemon5

Dress- Sainsburys | Bag- Nine West | Shoes- Dorothy Perkins | Daisy hair clips- Claire's | 
Sunglasses- Twinwood Festival

lemon6
lemon7

Broadstairs
Oh Easter bank holiday Monday really was such a beautiful day. I treasure and always look forward to mine and Jon's days off together. As they are few and far between they are precious and very much enjoyed. We planned on a adventure that day but didn't have a clue what to do. The weather was beautiful and warm and Jon researched that morning things to do in Kent on bank holiday Monday. Egg hunts popped up which we wanted to do but had no doubt being adults they might not let us join in, so we stumbled across the food festival in Broadstairs.

We hadn't visited Broadstairs since last summer and it really is becoming one of my favourite Kent seasides. It was the perfect weather to wear my new lemon dress once again. I still can't believe I found this beauty in Sainsburys supermarket. I was food shopping there- as you do) and came across this in their new spring collection.

lemon9
lemon19lemon12lemon18
lemon13
lemon14
lemon15
lemon16
lemon17
lemon22lemon23lemon24lemon25lemon26lemon28lemon27lemon31

I think I might have a bit of thing for fruit related prints on dresses. So far I have strawberries, lemons, just ordered a watermelon dress for my holiday! Fruit prints always become a thing in trend come summer. For a mere £18 this dress is fantastic quality. Lined on the inside and complete with matching fabric buttons all the way down.

We loved the food festival and treated ourselves to some delicious macaroons- the rhubarb one's were heavenly...did I mention? after eating them on the beach after our chips we went back to by another 6! I can't wait to go back again this Summer and hit Morellos their retro ice cream parlour, till next time. x 

18 comments :

  1. Love this! Perfect British Bank Holiday fun :) I haven't been to the seaside in aggggges! I might go myself next Bank Holiday (I love that we have another so soon!)

    The dress is gorgeous, amazing what you can find in the supermarket!)

    Chloe x
    newgirlintoon.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh don't you look fab?! I picked up this dress a couple of weeks ago and love how much it packs a punch.

    Given it's Fashion Revolution Day I'll have to double-check who made it but what a lovely dress (and I love your hair!!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lately reading your and Adora's blog I have found myself wishing I lived somewhere as pretty as the UK! I can't get enough of how bright and lovely and colorful everything is! That lemon dress is absolute perfection, you are such a doll :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh wow! Just spectacular Rebecca, that dress is just the cutest! Your photography is always gorgeous too, girl x

    holljc.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Fruit fashion is my obsession right now too! Been adding fruit accessories to my collection but I'm staring to think I'm going to need to expand it - especially looking at this adorable dress! & I love the beach photos. What a perfect background! :)
    xoxo, Lindsey Dish
    thebeltedpear.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Haha and here I've been obsessed with florals, now I kind of want to be obsessed with fruits. Although I worry the fruits would make me hungry ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love the lemon print, I've seen several lemon prints floating around so I believe you are in good company with the fruit theme. :) I really like the pop of cobalt you added in with the yellow!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so jealous of your wardrobe and adventures! I still can't believe this is from Sainsbury's!

    Becky
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. You are such a breath of fresh air, Rebecca! :)
    Love this dress on you, it makes you radiate happiness and it is contagious! :)
    Look forward to see what amazing new prints find their way into your wardrobe! :)
    Diana
    xxx
    http://diasway.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  10. I simply can't believe that dress is from Sainsbury's!!! It's such a lovely print and shape! And it looks so cute on you!

    Lulu - http://candyappledarling.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful dress, love the lemon pattern! And I love all your photos :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh man your lemon print dress is absolutely wonderful! What a fun, summery print. I love the perfect retro shape of it too. You look great!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a lovely dress and the print to die for! :)

    www.ensembledeux.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. lemon dress, is there anything more cutter? <3 you look awesome!
    http://coeursdefoxes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love how simple this dress looks! So cute! <3 Looks like you had a fun day at the beach!

    www.FashionContainer.com
    xx, Malena

    ReplyDelete
  16. i've just been going through your blog and i have to say i'm in love! xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. I bought this dress last night! I find it just a tad too long for me though, but still looking forward to wearing it on summer days. Providing we get some more...

    ReplyDelete

Go on be lovely and drop me a comment full of sweet cinnamon. Don't be shy to follow and or message me on Facebook, Twitter or Instagram too! x

blog design by
MM
Sharing is caring- all photographs on the blog are taken by Rebecca Tan unless otherwise stated.
If you wish to use any of the following photographs please do not use without my permission or crediting
to my blog The Cinnamon Slipper.
Powered by Blogger.
Pin It button on image hover